Republicans Are Assholes
On the final day of the Bush presidency 34% of the population of the USA thought that George W. Bush did a good job and they approved. That is a mind bogglingly large number of people to support a president who was seemingly equal parts asshole-fratboy, fake cowboy, and irritating born again Jesus freak. Past the ad hominem and on to quantifiable performance; the guy literally fucked up everything he touched save for coming though at the very end and helping to save the banks from failure. After a whole game of fuckups making a half court Hail Mary at the buzzer doesn’t absolve you.
For a little perspective lets go over just a few of many Bush fuck-ups;
- Received a memo titled “Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US” in August http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Laden_Determined_to_Strike_in_U.S.
- In September Bin Ladin did strike. In an amazing display of decisive leadership W sat for more than seven minutes reading “The Pet Goat” to schoolkids while the WTC towers burned. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pet_Goat
- Then in classic knee jerk reactionary bully style he picks the country that no one likes and can’t fight back and invades them because “they might attack us first.” As it turns out all of the initial justifications for invading the country turn out to be lies and distortions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_invasion_of_Iraq
- Once invaded virtually none of the assumptions; “we will be greeted as liberators”, “the profits from the sale of oil will pay for the war”, “mission accomplished”, etc. turned out to be correct.
- When the rest of the world expressed their disgust at Bush leading up an invasion of another country based on a pack of lies Bush figuratively flipped them all the bird.
- He was an Andover cheerleader; http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushcheerleader.htm and Yale fratboy. Disgusting.
- He reduced the tax rate of the multi-millionaires that move money around for a living to 15% while a working person earning a fraction of that income actually providing a service or producing something pays double; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_gains_tax_in_the_United_States
- Listening to Bush use the English language is akin to watching a drunk epileptic cross an ice covered intersection at night. The dumbest person I know speaks better than Bush. He is a national disgrace.
I could go on for a week about Bush disasters. You could write a book on New Orleans and The Great Recession alone… I know you morons that listen to propaganda on AM radio 12 hours a day are going to call me a latte sipping liberal. To you; fuck you and all of your brainwashed friends. Calling Bush a failure isn’t partisan it’s realism. It’s not left or right. It’s fucking common sense.
The easy way out is to assume that the 60 million people that think Bush did a great job are just fucking idiots. It can’t be the case. There are a lot of morons in the country but 60 million? Just look at how many iPhone apps that Apple has sold in the last year… or how many sets of testicles that you’ve seen on truck trailer hitches. Or the sheer volume of people on Twitter a virtual festival of drooling dumb-fucks. To assign the label of stupidity is to absolve them from their sins.
The only other possible conclusion that I can come to is that in fact these people are assholes. This would fit the my own informal polling that shows that in fact 1 out of 3 people are indeed assholes and a majority of these assholes are also Republicans. It’s not about reason and policy difference. It’s not about tax rates or socialism. If these people cared about the fucking budget deficit they would have have been out protesting W when he spent Clinton’s surplus and borrowed us into a hole. It goes deeper it’s about how these people treat and view everyone else… like an asshole. Of course they don’t like that Obama is out making friends with the world and being reasonable… that’s not what as asshole would do. An asshole would tell them how it was and if they didn’t like it they can piss off! An asshole doesn’t respect peace and unity they respect aggression and power no matter how it affects anyone else. An asshole doesn’t respect the differences in others and strength in diversity. The asshole dwells on differences as a point of division.
I think about the Republicans I know;
- The married woman with kids that is constantly talking values when she is sober and flashing her tits when she is drunk… republican and an asshole.
- The swinger party loving CFO that talks about personal responsibility and financial prudence and runs his company on the edge of insolvency… republican and an asshole.
- Our angry postal delivery lady who has a partial beard who constantly talks about the ineptitude of the government services while performing a government service… republican and an asshole.
- The jobless trust fund baby who hasn’t worked in 8 years that looks down on people making an honest living… republican and an asshole.
Think about the people that you know in your life. Chances are if they identify themselves as a Republican they are also an asshole. And don’t try to reason with them on this Obama thing. He isn’t enough of an asshole for their liking.